Friday, May 04, 2007

BOBJ and Random Thoughts

Business Objects now posts on its site a new tile (Guess they must have taken note of Valleywag). However, I'm still not sure Light is contagious is quite right either (achoo!) Why not just put the tagline (Let There Be Light) on the tile and leave it at that?

As a follow-up to yesterday's comment of mine (the BOBJ globe should assemble from facets), I stumbled on this today. So I guess that's already been done by someone else.

I decided my goal for the day would be to find out what firm was responsible for BOBJ's new image. In discovering that Eleven Inc did "Think Liquid", I can see a lot of parallels between the campaigns (and not just in Marge's participation in both). I'll let you know if I find out!

By the way, why pay for expensive consultants or marketing classes when you can get everything you need to know about brand identity in a one-minute snippet?

Mickey and Minnie now feature animatronic heads. I'm having a debate with a friend on whether it's pre-synched to the vocal track or whether the performer controls them. They seem to move their hands (thumb and forefinger) in sync with the mouth, so maybe it's controlled by the performer? It's very, very cool, but a little unnerving.

My next holy grail of search is having my search engine check the weather, note that it's trending warmer, and go out and discover the perfect cotton lawn a-line skirt for me.

The rumour is going around again that Microsoft is looking at Yahoo! Googlezon 2015 just gets closer and closer to reality...

No comments: